Thursday, October 25, 2012

Drumroll...Creativity Quadrupled!

We are so excited to share this big announcement with you! 

We'd like to introduce you to Rebecca, Jackie, Roseann, and Christina. 

These four incredibly talented ladies make up our new blogging design ring. They'll be creating projects with our fabric lines, posting how-tos for making them on our blog, and then offering fabric giveaways tied into the projects. 

That's right! Fresh, creative projects--from small stitched projects to quilts--featured in tutorials right here, just for you. The first post from one of blogging design ring members will go up in the next few weeks. We'll be sure to let you know when!

Scroll down to read more about each of these ladies and use the links to check out their blogs. We know you'll like what you see! 


Meet Rebecca Aikema from Our Busy Little Bunch

My full-time job is being mother to my four children and a wife to my very supportive husband, but I love to fill my spare time with sewing and quilting.  I have often said that having these hobbies is 'the glue that holds this mama together.' I love sewing anything from small accessories, to bags, to clothing for my kids.  I was introduced to quilting eight years ago by one of my best friends, and have since made dozens of quilts for families and friends.  The talented online community of quilters and sewers has been so encouraging; I love reading blogs for inspiration and to see projects with the new fabric lines.


Meet Jackie Kunkel from Canton Village Quilt Works
I am the owner of Canton Village Quilt Works. I  have been a quilter for 18 years, in business for 12, long arm quilting for 12, designing for magazines for about 2.5 years, and have taught classes over the last 18 years as well. I have also been an avid quilting blogger since 2007. I have been instrumental in forming the Modern Connecticut Quilt guild and moderated an event in NYC for the Alliance of American Quilts this past August.  I also have been producing a quilting podcast for 3 years now called Jackie’s Quilting Chronicles which can be found in iTunes. It was a natural transition for me to want to combine my love of paper piecing and Judy Niemeyer designs to become a Certified Teacher.  I have already been lecturing and doing trunk shows for guilds for 2 years and enjoying the entire process.This past September, I have spearheaded a NEW week-long quilt show at the New England Air Museum (NEAM).

Meet Roseann Meehan Kermes from Rosebud's Cottage
I am the owner of Rosebud’s Cottage in White Bear Lake, Minnesota. I began my career as a teacher at a local store, focusing on soft projects, small quilts, and decorative painting projects. As a designer, my patterns have been sold to quilt shops and magazines and also manufactured and sold in the gift industry. Many of my projects have been featured in Better Homes and Gardens® publications and other craft magazines and I'm currently a contributor to American Patchwork and Quilting® magazine. I opened my retail store in 1996, and in 2004, it was chosen as one of the top ten shops for Quilt Sampler® magazine. I grew up under scrap quilts - my mom was one of the founding mothers of Minnesota Quilters, Inc - and was always encouraged to be creative. In addition to working with fabric and wool, I enjoys other forms of creative expression, such as paper crafts, decorative painting, and altered art. With a camera always in my pocket, I take lots of photos and share them with others. My motto … there’s inspiration everywhere! 


Meet Christina Roy from 2 little hooligans
I am a married, stay at home Momma to three little ones who is obsessed with all things crafty and homemade. My blog is where I share our lives in New Hampshire, home renovations, gardening, crafting, sewing and of course lots of pictures of the" kiddos". I first learned how to sew in high school, but it wasn't until after my second child was born three years ago that my love for sewing really grew. I started out making baby items and before I knew it my mind was thinking up new designs for just about anything I saw that was made out of fabric. Sewing has become a passion of mine over the past few years and very few days go by when I haven't sat behind my sewing machine to create something. 
I am so excited and very honored to be part of the Fabri-Quilt blogging design ring. I will admit, I do not do a lot of quilting, instead I tend to create items that are quick sewing projects. I love to create practical items that will be used in our everyday lives. I usually try to make it before I buy it and hope I can inspire others to do the same. There is something so satisfying by making something instead of buying it! I am really looking forward to sharing some practical and quick sewing projects with all of you and hope that my style of sewing can add a different dimension to the group. I am really looking forward to what the other bloggers will be creating and how they will be inspiring us all!

We can't wait to see what these women create from our fabric!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great opportunity for them all. Congratulations to these wonderful ladies and I can't wait to see what they create.

    ReplyDelete