You will need:
1. Begin by cutting “wonky” strips form your black and white fabrics. Strip are no larger than 1.5" in width and are wonky. Subcut them into pieces about 12" in length.
2. Begin piecing strips together.
4. Create a second piece in the same manner. Now you will have two pieces.
5. Take your bright fabrics and cut tiny little confetti like pieces in many different colors.
6. Place them on each piece of black and white pieced fabric until it is pleasing to your eye.
7. Take a glue pen and glue them in place, until both pieces are filled the way that you like it.
8. Cut two pieces of batting just slightly bigger than your pieced black and white unit.
9. Choose your backing fabric and also cut it about the same size of the batting.
10. Layer them as shown in the photo.
11. Cut your tulle to about the same size as your layered pieces and place it on top of the fabric.
12. Pin baste the 4 layers.
13. Quilt! I did a square spiral.
14. On one quilted piece, take a 9.5" ruler lay it down and cut around the edge for a cut piece of 9.5".
15. On the other quilted piece, take a 4" ruler and lay it down and cut out 4 coaster size pieces.
I hope you enjoyed! I know you did!
To go along with Jackie's tutorial, we are giving away a fat quarter bundle of the Black and White collection.
Here are 2 ways to enter:
1. Sign up to follow our Inspired by Fabric blog using either the "Follow by email" button or the "Follow through GFC" buttons in the right hand sidebar, and then leave a comment on this post letting us know. (If you already do follow--thank you! Just leave a comment letting us know.)
2. "Like" our Facebook page and then leave a comment letting us know. (If you already have--thank you! Just leave a comment letting us know.)
The giveaway is open through Thursday, April 25th at 11:59 EST. On Friday, we will randomly select a winner from the comments below and post the winner's name here on the blog. If we don't hear back from the winner by Monday, April 29th, we will pick a new winner, so be sure to check back!