Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Attention Getter!


Appropriately named, Dawn Stewart's "Attention Getter" bed runner is featured in the October 2014 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine. This patchwork runner can transform a room with a zen-like palette of limes, grays, blacks and whites from our chic Cosmopolitan collection. See what Dawn has to say about her cool runner:
 
(Photo used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting  2014 Meredith Corp. All Rights Reserved.)


Q. What motivated you to make a bed runner?
Dawn: I've been inspired by some pretty bed runners that I've seen in hotels, and wanted to make one for our spare bedroom. I thought it'd be fun to do for something a little different.

Q. Can you talk about how you made the focal print pop?
Dawn: I love the large focal print in this collection, so I wanted to feature it as the centerpiece of the runner as a large, uncut piece. Framing it with the lime inner border and the black border with the lime circles helps to pop the color in the large print.
 


Q. Can you talk about how your design evolved?
Dawn: The inspiration that I drew on for the design is from the Japanese room dividers that are kind of opaque.  I started with that in mind, and built it out in "panes" in the outer border.
 
(Photo used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting  2014 Meredith Corp. All Rights Reserved.)


Q. How about your color choices/placement?
Dawn: My intent was to play with the gray to black tones in this collection, and pop in the lime green. 

Q. What's your favorite print from the collection?
Dawn: You gotta love that large central focal print, but I also really like the white print with the rounded squares in the outer border.  I think it's just fresh and modern.


Q. What do you like best about the runner?
Dawn: I think it will play well with any neutral bedding that I put it over :)

Q. Can you talk about the machine quilting on the runner?
Dawn:  I machine quilted it on my Handi Quilter long arm with all over large stylized leaves to play on the center focal fabric.

Q. What makes this project so fun?
Dawn: I love to play with modern/funky prints and use them in traditional ways.  I like the combination of the boxy "panes" mixed with the fun movement of the stylized fabric prints in this project.  And it's easy to make!

See the entire Cosmopolitan collection here.
Find the kit for Dawn's bed runner here.
Find American Patchwork & Quilting magazine here.
 






1 comment:

  1. You gotta love that large central focal print, but I also really like the white print with the rounded squares in the outer border. I think it's just fresh and modern. black salwar suit for girls , black suit salwar for girls ,

    ReplyDelete