It's no secret that half the cuteness of baby clothes and accessories comes from the fabric choice. A mother of a toddler herself, Jessica Toye of Two Hens Cluckin' transformed yards of our favorite childrens' fabric, Mystic Forest, into sweet little baby gift ideas. We're sharing our ten favorite here; you can see more on Jessica's blog.
1. Reversible Bucket Hat: What baby wouldn't look adorable in this?!
|Pattern: Reversible Bucket Hat by Oliver + S|
2. Cutest baby shoes ever! Need we say more?
|Pattern: Simplicity 2491-C|
3. Mr. Businessman bib: the perfect complement to onesies printed with ties.
|Pattern: Mr. Businessman on Little Man Bibs! by Vanilla House Designs|
4. Kimono with elephants on parade! Love that lime green trim.
|Pattern: Oh, Kimono from Sweet Booties!: And Blankets, Bonnets, Bibs & More by ValerieVan Arsdale Shrader|
5. Summery Flower Girl Dress
|Pattern: Flowergirl Dress from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross|
6. Easy appliqued shirts. Fusible web, fussy-cut fabric, an iron, and a sewing machine.
7. Cloth diaper covers made from PUL (Polyurethane laminate). So cute for baby bottoms!
|Pattern: Diaper Cover from Cloth Diapers Made Easy by Babyville Boutique|
8. Easy Baby Blanket: monkey border stripe on the front, coordinating Minkee on the back.
|Pattern: Fuzzy Wuzzy from Sweet Booties!: And Blankets, Bonnets, Bibs & More by ValerieVan Arsdale Shrader|
9. Sweet monkey bib: perfect for a fussy-cut print
|Pattern: Baby Bibs 3 by the Little Quilt Company|
10. Sweet ruffled sundress (with matching bloomers!)
11. (Okay, so we couldn't choose just 10!) Little Boy's Romper
|Pattern: Austin Lee Coverall & Romper by Fishsticks Designs|
Be sure to head over to Jessica's blog to see the other sweet baby items she stitched, and stop by our website to see the entire Mystic Forest collection!